Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
Abraham Maslow in his book Motivation and Personality (1943)
- Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep, etc.
- Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability, etc.
- Belongingness and Love needs - work group, family, affection, relationships, etc.
- Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility, etc.
- Self-Actualization needs - realising personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences.