John C. Bogle's The Twelve Pillars of Wisdom
Some useful links
- Pillar 1: Investing Is Not Nearly As Difficult As It Looks
- Pillar 2: When All Else Fails, Fall Back On Simplicity
- Pillar 3: Time Marches On
- Pillar 4: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
- Pillar 5: Diversify, Diversify, Diversify
- Pillar 6: The Eternal Triangle
- Pillar 7: The Powerful Magnetism Of The Mean
- Pillar 8: Do Not Overestimate Your Ability To Pick Superior Equity Funds, Nor Underestimate Your Ability To Pick Superior Bond And Money Market Funds.
- Pillar 9: You May Have A Stable Principal Value Or A Stable Income Stream, But You May Not Have Both
- Pillar 10: Beware of "Fighting the Last War"
- Pillar 11: You Rarely, If Ever, Know Something The Market Does Not
- Pillar 12: Think Long Term