Owners versus Victims
Steve Chandler uses this concept in his various seminars.
- Owners create while Victims react.
- Owners believe that they have substantial control of their actions while Victims believe other people or events have control of their life.
- Owners are "building a life" while Victims are "making a living".
- Owners "get something from" every experience while Victims "try to get through" experiences.
- Owners "use life" to gain while Victims feel "used by life".
- Owners "want to" do things while Victims think they "should", "ought to" do things.
- Owners are focussed on their actions while Victims are pre-occupied with lots of events.
- Owners "buy in" to change and new actions while Victims use the "wait and see" approach.
- Owners use language of possible while Victims use the language of restriction.
- Owners deliberately jumpstart a positive cybernetics loop while Victims enter into negative cybernetics loop.
- Owners think positive and optimistically while Victims think negatively and pesimistically.
More information about his books and seminars is available on his website (Steve Chandler