The Power of Optimism by Alan Loy McGinnis
Notes: 12 Characteristics of Tough-Minded Optimists01. Optimists are seldom surprised by trouble.
02. Optimists look for partial solutions.
03. Optimists believe they have control over their future.
04. Optimists allow time for regular renewal.
05. Optimists interrupt their negative trains of thought.
06. Optimists heighten their powers of appreciation.
07. Optimists use their imaginations to rehearse success.
08. Optimists are cheerful, even when they can't be happy.
09. Optimists think they have an almost unlimited capacity for stretching.
10. Optimists build lots of love into their lives.
11. Optimists like to swap good news.
12. Optimists practice the art of accepting what cannot be changed.